The NoizeBarrier® TAC is the industry’s first fully modular tactical communications headset featuring industry-leading hearing protection and 360˚ advanced situational awareness to enhance decision making in a tactical environment.
OTTO has collaborated with tactical operators to design and engineer a headset that meets the demands of today’s modern soldier. The result is a headset that improves the ability to hear important conversations or commands in areas with high-background and potentially harmful impulse noises.
The NoizeBarrier® TAC headset delivers an unparalleled soundscape experience by producing crystal clear radio communications and has an external microphone that allows for a state of the art talk-through experience.
- Dual comm speakers and proprietary NoizeBarrier® technology automatically adapt loud or impulse sounds to a safe level, while normal-level sounds, nearby conversation and radio communications are easily heard without clipping or shut-down of the situational awareness functionality.
- Noise-canceling boom microphone has built-in active wind and noise reduction technology that virtually eliminates background noises and ensures understandable radio transmissions in loud environments.
- 360-degree situational awareness microphones build into each earcup provide accurate sound localization to detect the direction of potential threats with near certainty
- Easy-access volume controls on the left earcup adjust sound to five different levels.
- Available with fixed or modular quick-disconnect cables to meet a wide variety of comms needs.
- Selectable signal separation allows dual-comm users to separate audio into left, right or both ears.
- Ultra-soft Comply™ foam ear cushions form a tight seal around the ears to significantly reduce the effects of unsafe noise levels. Snap off to easily replace in the field when needed.
- Multichannel, multi-radio options are available when used with the OTTO Multi-Port Hub PTT.
- Low-profile earcup design will not interfere with shouldering a firearm.
- Optional rail-mount kit allows the user to easily convert the headset from over-the-head style to top or rear rail mount in the field without tools. Compatible with major Hi-Cut helmet systems including Ops-Core® and Team Wendy®.
- Talk time of 100 hours if 2 AAA lithium ion batteries are used. Auto idle shutdown will not degrade with depleting batteries
- Available in Black, Flat Dark Earth and Olive Drab Green